Write

Indulge me. I've just been prayed over by a Nigerian momma in broken English and her native tongue, and celebrated my 23-year old Nigerian immigrant neighbor securing her first job. My first reaction: write this moment down.
Since obtaining Social Security documents to work in the United States a month ago, I've listened to her apply for numerous jobs, transportation consistently the obstacle in the interview stage. Less than a week ago, she asked, "C-H-I-P-O-L-T-E, you know the place in Apple Valley?" I agreed to drive her to the interview. Then the second interview. Then the third. Every journey, leery of serving and loving in a non-beneficial way.Yet between my ears reverberate, Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if working for the Lord, not men (Colossians 3:23), and Your labor in the Lord is not in vain (1 Corinthians 15:58).  
And now the celebration and unexpected blessing. I feel affirmed and in the center of His will for my days. I'm thankful to write. The opportunity to look back and recall His hand.

I will bless the Lord who guides me;  even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. Psalm 16:7-8
Record the Lord's guidance and instruction in your life.

No comments: