Table

I like to snuggle up in a cozy blanket. Not just in my quiet times, but any time. Sometimes even in the summer. Weird, I know. I followed my bent as I snuggled on the couch in my suite at the Broadmoor. Turning my gaze from the fireplace, I focused on the long, elegant dining table adorned with a huge hurricane shaped centerpiece and flowers. Hmmm. I wonder what it feels like to sit in those large, plush dining chairs, high-backed and heavy as you slide out from under the table. And what if I sat at that table, picturing myself invited to the Lord's marriage supper? I was off the couch in a second (don't worry, my blanket came with me).
At your banquet table, where delectable appetizers sit at each setting, chilled sparkling water dances in each glass, linens are folded, candles flicker, full-table service is offered, and I am adorned with the most beautiful gown of righteousness.
Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out, "Hallelujah! For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns. Let us exult and give Him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure"-- for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
And the angel said to me, "Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb." And he said to me, "These are the true words of God." Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Revelation 19:6-10
Surrounded by authentic, vibrant worship. Wouldn't the goosebumps just rise all over your body?
At that table, the bride is ready (vs. 7). I'm luck to be a woman. I get this. I've been the bride. But to Christ, the Church or believers in Christ are His bride (men included). Just as the engineer chose me, Christ chooses those who will believe in His ministry. As a woman, I know the work and effort the bride goes through before revealing herself to her groom. It's daunting because she wants to look her best. And in that day of the Lord, the song will ring out, "…the Bride is ready.." The Church is ready for Christ to see her face to face. And the Bride is wearing pure, bright white, stunning linen of the finest thread. She's done the work of preparation; not hair and make-up but seeking Him continually, being made holy, allowing the Holy Spirit to empower her to stand firm no matter what and worshiping God. And at that marriage of Christ and His bride, the preparation behind us, we will be complete in His presence at the banquet table and all that remains is worshiping God. Maranatha!
Blessed are those who are invited (9). We are invited to be His Bride. The invitation is blessing enough. After we stand through trials of this life, we will be gorgeously adorned and ready to look Him in the face. Be sure you'll be there. This is one table you won't want to miss!

No comments: