Destination

Six minutes to destination: babycakes. The boisterous one bought a cupcake maker. It's pink, little and cute as ever. Seriously, it takes six minutes to bake these adorable little cupcakes. Some destinations have longer ETAs (estimated time of arrival).
For I consider the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us…we ourselves..groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies…we wait for it with patience. Romans 8:18, 23, 25
Keep your eye on the prize, the destination. I'm not referring to babycakes anymore. A Christ follower's destination is glorification: when I am perfected in the presence of Jesus. Somedays, I crave that day and desire it above anything else! But what surprised me in my contemplating was Jesus saying, appreciate the journey because you are becoming more like me.
A wise Billings Bible teacher teaches, we are on a road:
Salvation-----Sanctification-----Glorification
Salvation is experienced when I put my faith in Christ. Glorification is when God makes me perfect in His presence. No one knows when this will happen. But while we wait, the journey is called sanctification: the process of being made holy. I need reminding of this when I'm on the phone with customer service again, when the engineer and I are running parallel again, when the golden heads are fighting again. All opportunities to change my character and align it with Christ's.
"Would you rather be in heaven or here Mommy?" the boisterous asked this week. I answered by giving her the apostle Paul's writing in Philippians 1:23:
"I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh (on earth and be your mom) is more necessary on your account.
'But since God hasn't called me to heaven yet, I'll stay here and (try) love being your mommy!"
Lord, help me enjoy the journey of today. And when I lay my head down tonight, may I be a little more like you.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Babycakes
1 ½ c. flour (I use white wheat)
½ c. sugar
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
½ t. salt
1 egg
2 T. oil
¼ unsweetened applesauce
2 T. milled flaxseed
¼ c. milk
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. shredded zucchini
¼ c. semisweet miniature chocolate chips
¼ c. chopped walnuts (the golden heads don't appreciate these)
Preheat Baby Cake maker. Combine dry ingredients. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased cups with 2 T. batter. Bake 6 minutes and enjoy warm.

No comments: