Made: By God...Like "us"...To run to

Bible lying flat-open, perched over with preschooler, learning from Adam and Eve. "What do you learn about Adam?" He is made by God, and yet God made Adam in "our" (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) image. "So are you made by God and like God. You look like God." The preschooler's mind quickly moves onto science and recess, yet my mind stays hovering over the fact that I'm made in the image of the Trinity. God is not alone. Jesus: not alone. Holy Spirit: not alone. Neither am I meant to be alone. The Trinity is in perfect fellowship or relationship. Because I am made in the image of God, I am made for community and relationship.
And it comes again, darash: inquiring of Christ, running to Him, seeking Him. Seeking Him makes me to commune with Him. Is the path of my relationship with God wore down like the "Beaten Path" through the Beartooth Mountain Range or is it an overgrown, easy to miss path like many Minnesota State Forest trails? These pictures flood my mind as I run to Him. Even now, not feeling well, needing strength to make it through school picture morning with emotional golden heads and then pinching my finger besides. Run to Jesus! And His indescribable peace washes over me as the pain subsides.
I am made like God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I am not God. I need relationship with my Maker, so I will run to Him. Run to Him when the day is beautiful and the birds sing. Run to Him when goldenheads are rude and crabby. Run to Him when I enjoy a refreshing day at the lake. Run to Him when anxiety fills my soul.
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will expeience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippains 4:6-7
You were not meant to go through you life alone. God, your Heavenly Father created you for relationship with Him, with Christ and the Holy Spirit. When moments of your day get "heated," run to your Maker and experience peace.

No comments: