Drip time

Months ago, I ditched "drip time" because it seemed counter productive. I could use that time to take a quick shower and then grab coffee in one hand and Bible in the other. But it's been reinstated.
In church yesterday, we were challenged with the question, "Are you filled with the Holy Spirit and directed by Him?" In order to be directed by the Holy Spirit, we need to take time to stop, be quiet and listen. For some busyness is an idol. For me, productivity is an idol. I tore it down.
And after the beans are ground, the pot turned on, and the coffee aroma begins to fill the air as hot water drips through the filter, I snuggle in. I stare at God's gorgeous creation. Watch a sunrise (or the twinkling stars). Listen. And that's when I realized, "drip time" is back.
Are you in step with what the Holy Spirit is doing? Do you need to begin your own "drip time?" Make time listening for God part of your daily routine. Ical it in today!

1 comment:

Becky DeWilde said...

Thanks to my friend for sharing this article:
[This was adapted from Organic Outreach for Families by Kevin and Sherry Harney]

Parents who are lukewarm about living for God can't expect their kids to shine brightly for Jesus. We need to examine our own relationship with God and ask, If my child grows up to have a faith like mine, would that be a good thing?
Like it or not, your children are watching you all the time. They follow your cues and emulate your lifestyle. Reflect on these questions:

What are some ways my children can see that I have a real relationship with God?

What are some ways my children can see that I have a growing relationship with God?

What are one or two ways I can deepen and grow my relationship with Jesus?

Healthy homes are built on the truth of the Bible. Our families need to be established on the solid rock of Jesus and his Word. Begin now to encourage your children to read the Bible. Remember that their best motivation is seeing you reading God's Word and hearing you talk about what you are learning.

You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. Deuteronomy 6:5-7 ESV

Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25 ESV