Your steps

The invention of iCal and the "Cloud" have changed for the better my monthly calendar. I recall the days of printing out each week and posting it on the refrigerator. While that was good for my family to see what was coming for the week and each day, I like the idea of using less paper and just sharing necessary agenda items with them by "inviting" them to an event.
I've also heard of families successfully utilizing google calendars to share one common calendar. We just never got on that wagon.
My iCal is my lifeline because if I don't write something down, I won't remember it. Just this morning, the calculating one pulls out my iPod and starts reading my calendar for the day.
"Breakfast 7 AM, Verse of the Day with girls 7:15AM, Preschool 9AM..." Yes, that's right we haven't been doing Verse of the Day at breakfast. Out comes the Air1 app and their Verse of the Day. (Seems you have to read your iCal for it to be useful...)
I also love using different calendars. I have a calendar for each family member, menus, auto maintenance  (where I keep track of miles and when oil changes are due), garden produce, birthday and anniversaries. I remind myself to renew library books, change the air filter in the furnace and it's essentially where I keep my daily focus because each item is an event in the day.
God wants us to plan and allowing Him direct our steps.
The heart of a man plans his way
but the Lord establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9
Many are the plans of a person's heart
but it the the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
Often when I'm not sure what order to do things in or how everything is going to get accomplished, I pray, "God direct my steps today." And later in the day when things don't go quite like I had anticipated, I say, "Thanks God for showing us the way to go. It's not what I thought, but it's good. It's your way."
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and rely not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him
and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
Decide the best way for you to keep track of you calendar in a organized fashion. If you have a great idea to share, post it in the comments. We can all learn from each other. Keeping a calendar will add peace to your home!

No comments: