Peace

Something deep within me goes bazerk when relationships are not at peace in my life. Any relational discord will spill into every other avenue of my life. My entire demeanor will be effected. According to one of my favorite author's, Kevin Leman, this is highly explained by my birth-order. I'm a middle child and they are typically peace-keepers. Ah, yes, blessed are the peace makers for they shall be called the children of God (Matthew 5:9). This is a good quality, however, it's easy for me to overlook a detail: My need for peace (as a middle) is only genuinely met by Christ.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27
My concocted peace is worldly. His is eternal, true and real!
He keeps me in perfect peace, when my mind is fixed on Him because I trust in Him. Isaiah 26:3
Join me today, fixing your eyes on Him and increasing your trust in Him in this day.

No comments: