Never bored


The past three years have been marked by great spiritual growth and depth in my walk with Jesus. I have experienced other seasons in my life when I experienced spiritual growth, but those times have been just that: seasons. There was a beginning and an end. Secretly, in the back of my mind, I confess that I have fretted that this intimate "honeymoon"with Jesus with eventually end as the newness of marriage does shortly after the honeymoon. Before marriage, everything the engineer did was amazing, brilliant and wonderful and even after the ceremony, I just couldn't get enough of him. Then I began to notice his annoying (to me) habits and began to get bored with the same old routine. I have prayed against this stale, bored, stagnant relationship with Jesus. (Maybe I should pray against that in my marriage as well, however, not the point of my message here.)
What amazes me more and more every day I spend time with God, is that I keep finding out more about Him. I am constantly thanking Him for revealing to me more of the mysteries of Christ (Colossians 1:26). I know myself well and I know that when I get bored with something, I cease to do it anymore. Oh, I don't want to get bored seeking Him. This week, while reading Randy Alcorn's book Heaven, I read,
There will always be more to see when we look at God, because his infinite character can never be exhausted. We could--and will--spend countless millennia exploring the depths of God's being and be no closer to seeing it all than when we first started. This is the magnificence of God.. (pg. 179)
I am so thankful to serve such a big God that can never be put in a box and never have all figured out. I will seek Him and He will be fresh every day!

1 comment:

Becky DeWilde said...

As I continue reading Heaven, this morning I was struck with the realization that the joy of learning more and more about My Savior will continue even in Heaven. This makes perfect sense since He is in fact infinite. We will always (even in Heaven) be learning something new about our Bridegroom. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says, "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord (meaning we are in Heaven, in His presence) are being transformed into the same (His) image from one degree of glory to another." We begin this process now, but will this verse indicates that we'll continue it forever.