Blessed


Friday, June 29, 2012
Today, I got a word of encouragement from my younger sister. It was very kind and resonated with something I’ve learned this past week in my study of Romans 4. In chapter 4 alone, the phrase “credited as righteousness” is used 11 times! As I studied the greek word for credited, logizomai, I realized it essentially mean the God puts righteousness in my account that I will have to settle up with him on my day of judgment. Now, I don’t deserve righteousness, but condemnation. But righteousness is instead imputed to me in a substitutionary manner because what I do deserve (eternal death) was placed on Christ. I feel undeserving, guilty. But Zodhiates says, “the imputation of righteousness whose correlative is freedom from guilt.” Ah, yes, Romans 8:1, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Right after Paul’s first introduction of crediting righteousness to my account, he quotes Psalm 32:1-2, saying those who receive this crediting are blessed, this crediting is a blessing. But digging into the greek for blessing, makarios, I find that means marked by the fullness from God. It means you’ve found satisfaction from God, not favorable circumstance. So when I read, “I pray that your family will be blessed in all you say and do,” and I know that as an American society really, what more blessing could we ask for, I think, I don’t need to be blessed, I need to realized that I am blessed. Lord, forgive me for finding my satisfaction in favorable circumstances instead of from You.
1.       Sun Tea
2.       Sitting on the engineer’s lap in his “office”
3.       Going to Target field with the engineer
4.       Seats in the shade
5.       Kettle corn
6.       Little old Farmington
7.       Collecting cups from sporting events
8.       Not getting hit by the train or the car
9.       Laughing about it later
10.   Ending the date perfectly
11.   Sleeping with the sheet on because its cool enough
12.   The calculating one calling me to tell me about her day at grandmas
13.   Opportunity to have Sechler cousins overnight
14.   Plans that give Micah a hope and a future
15.   Seeing spiritual growth in the calculating one
16.   Guarding my time in the morning with God
17.   Having my girls home again
18.   Swapping Caleb for Braelyn
19.   Having to drive two vehicles because we have too many kids
20.   Grandpa Great coming to the party
21.   Dar driving him
22.   The engineer praying before dinner
23.   Bean Salsa getting 5 Stars
24.   Providing a meal for our family
25.   Birthday ice cream jello-cake in the shape of a butterfly
26.   The calculating one’s new hat and sunglasses
27.   The engineer being okay with 6 little girls in his house
28.   Getting more solar lights for the flower bed
29.   Four cousins on one air matress
30.   Four cousins in the hot tub
31.   Having a hot shower after 6 baths
32.   Perfect weather for slip & slide
33.   Mom & Dad helping with errands for the party
34.   Watering the garden
35.   Carter’s seal stunt that inspired everyone to try it
36.   Saving the cucumber plant
37.   Carter & Daniel surfing down the slip & slide
38.   Watching the dads do slip & slide
39.   The engineer burning his back because he did more sliding than he thought
40.   Having a campfire because the girls cousins got to stay
41.   Watching them roast marshmallows & eat s’mores & s’moreos
42.   Timing Braelyn while she burned her mallows
43.   Cowboy gulf with the engineer, the compassionate one and Braelyn
44.   Crush, Mountain Dew, sunglasses & four cousins posing for a picture
45.   Email from Ashley
46.   Grandpa stopping to see Micah
47.   Listening to the cousins play
48.   Canny bucks for bringing friends
49.   NOT vacuuming before the party
50.   Working WITH the engineer
51.   Slippers on in summer
52.   Bakery buns
53.   Free coupons at McDonalds
54.   “Take all the time you need”
55.   Rebekah sitting next to me in the chair
56.   Hanging out with the big 4 in the sunroom
57.   Taking six kids to the lake
58.   Being with the VanKlei ladies
59.   Cousins getting the golden heads out of comfort zone on the tubes
60.   Pizza & movie party starting at 9:30pm
61.   Traci calling me
62.   Family night board game & movie
63.   Water balloons with or without water
64.   Traci sharing Isaiah 26:3
65.   “Normal” routine
66.   Where you are…there you are
67.   Visit with Heather
68.   The Oasis
69.   Humid, hot growing weather
70.   Being an hour from Rochester
71.   Micah’s smiles
72.   Bringing the Sechler three Italian
73.   The golden heads being patient and not whining at the hospital
74.   Knowing we can bring more goodies to them
75.   Texting with mom
76.   Jessica keeping the other Sechler three
77.   Quiet 4th of July
78.   Ginger Pye with the big girls
79.   Meat thermometer
80.   Night to myself
81.   Coffee ice cream with oreos
82.   Able to run 4-miles
83.   Cold shower to cool my body
84.   Clothes wet from sweat
85.   Ability to memorize
86.   Golden heads giving each other pedicures
87.   Cool down in forecast
88.   Clouds to block sun’s intensity
89.   Cooler temps for Celebrate Freedom

No comments: